Meetings of IAAMS - Canada Chapter
IAAMS Canada Annual Meeting 2009
The IAAMS Canada Annual Meeting was held on the second day of Jalsa Salana Canada on Saturday Jun 27, 2009. A total of 10 members and one representative of AAMS USA attended the meeting.
The meeting started with silent prayers and was chaired by Dr. Ijaz Rauf.
Following are the main points as discussed in the meeting:
1. A membership drive should be conducted to increase the number of members, a target of 100 members has been set for the year 2009 - 2010 . IAAMS should make full use of the Khuddam and Atfal Ijtama and other programs to create awareness of the organization and also work closely with Tajnid and Talim departments to ensure all Ahmadi Students are aware of the organization.
2. A Science Exhibition (Proposed title 'Abdus Salam Science Fare') should be held during the current summer vacations to encourage students to engage in scientific research and small projects / models. The program to be formally announced after approval of markaz.
3. A Science Fare should be held during the Jalsa Salana 2010
4. IAAMS Constitution to be updated
5. IAAMS national meeting should be held every year at the Jalsa Salana and chapter meetings (for example GTA chapter) should be held every quarter
6. Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih V (aa) advice to scientists should be circulated amongst the IAAMS members
7. Develop short term and long term goals for IAAMS Canada
The meeting of Association of Ahmadi Muslim Scientists - Canada was held on the second day of Jalsa Salana Canada (Jun 28, 2008) at 3:00 pm. The meeting was attended by the following members:
1. Bashiruddin Ahmed email@example.com 519 650-4021
2. Hameed Mirza firstname.lastname@example.org 905 303-6367
3. Mohyuddin Mirza email@example.com 780 463-0652
4. Ijaz Rauf firstname.lastname@example.org 416 400-9127
5. Mohammad Shahab Khokhar email@example.com 416 528-7253
The meeting started with silent prayers.
The members introduced themselves and Ijaz Rauf briefed the members on the history and purpose of the association. The following action items were decided:
a. Publish the announcement of the association in Ahmadiyya Gazette
b. Send email from ahmadiyya.ca to all jama'at members regarding the association
c. Develop own email listing
d. Develop association's website
e. Deliver two lectures on "Science and Religion" before the end of the year
Two new potential members were discussed:
1. Shahid Rabbani firstname.lastname@example.org 905 417-6410
2. Tahir Ahmed www.tahirahmad.com 416 704-0386
The meeting ended with silent prayers.